The fear of surgical or medical operations is common. In fact, nearly everyone is prone to experiencing that uneasy feeling of uncertainty before or during the day of surgery. However, we should be reminded that feeling extreme anxiety or fear is pointless, especially when we know that we are in the Hands of God. Sometimes, we convince ourselves of the worst outcomes and ruin our days over something that has not happened yet. We tend to make scenarios about the surgery which opposes how God tells us to rest still. With this being said, here are prayers for surgery to aid us in healing and give us clarity.
Prayers for Surgery: Intention
One’s intention is a core principle in prayer. Communicating with God, especially in times where a delicate surgery is about to be performed requires honesty. The first thing we should consider is if we are trying to send God our sentiments, we should come to Him fully clothed in authenticity. Don’t hide your worries. Tell Him what you are worried about and describe the discomfort you are feeling. In this way, we can establish a greater connection and a clearer intention with God.
Prayers For Anxiety
- Father Almighty, I trust in You. I will not hide my fear and anxiety regarding the surgery I am about to face. But, I believe that You have blessed me with this surgery to physically heal and recover. Although I am going under surgery without knowing what might happen, I know for one thing that I am not alone in the surgical bed. Lord, please hold my hand. Amen. ~ Unknown (Isaiah 41:10)
- Lord Almighty, I believe that one of the greatest achievements I have ever done is knowing the power prayer holds. Today, I offer You my prayers for surgery and recovery. I know that You are aware of every corner of my heart. So, I know O’ Lord that you feel my anxious heart. God, please calm me down and take my worries away. I am also calmed by Your Voice and embrace. In Jesus’ Name, I pray. Amen ~ Unknown (Philippians 4:6-7)
- God, the thought of being under surgery frightens me greatly. I come to You in all honesty and vulnerability to express my fear. Undeniably, I cannot resist but to feel anxious about what is going to happen to me. I fear that something might go wrong but, I ask for Your Mercy. Lord, may you calm my heart and strengthen my spirit. In Your Name, I know that I have nothing to be afraid of. But, as of this very moment, I pray that You give me rest. In Jesus’ Name, Amen. ~ Unknown
- Lord, in Your Name, I claim that this anxious sensation I am feeling will be replaced with hope and faith. Please do not allow me to fall short of my faith in praising You despite whatever circumstance greets me along the way. Teach me to become stronger in situations that my body is challenged and my spirit is weakened. Heal me in every part of my life, Loving Father. Amen. ~ Unknown (Mark 11:24)
Prayers For The Sick
- Lord, I offer You my prayers for surgery as I am about to experience one. Father, my sickness is indeed present in my body but, it will not and it cannot take over my heart. I will constantly seek You no matter what I face. With this, Lord, I am asking for Your Mercy to heal me. Please cover me in the Blood of Jesus Christ and save me from this condition. I ask in Your Name. Amen. ~ Unknown (Luke 8:50)
- Father, thank You for constantly reminding me that I have never been alone in this journey of mine. Despite how I am utterly intimidated by the sickness I am facing, Lord, I pray that I will be reminded of Your Grace. Please take this sickness away from me and heal me with Your Hands. You are my strength and I will not falter as long as I have Your Name in my heart. Do not let the enemy trick me into thinking that I am alone in this battle I am facing. With You, I am more than blessed and mended. In Jesus’ Name, I pray. Amen. ~ Unknown (James 5:14-15)
- God, although it pains me to even think of it. But, I am ill. I believe that this body of mine is a wonderful blessing crafted lovingly by Your Hands. However, the sickness that has contaminated me has left me in my current condition. Still, Lord, I do not fear. I know that I serve the same Creator and that my sickness is nowhere near as strong and abundant as Your Mercy. Amen. ~ Unknown
- Merciful Father, I offer my prayer for surgery to anyone who is feeling ill. May You hear their prayers and calm their hearts. May You also assure their families and friends that everything is going to flow in accordance with Your never-frailing Mercy. In addition, Lord, I pray that the medicine they are taking succors their condition and that the sickness they are experiencing is solved by the surgery they are going to experience. I also pray for the success of the procedures they are going to take. In Jesus’ Name, Amen. ~ Unknown
Prayers for Surgery: For the Doctors
When a person has prayers for surgery, it isn’t just for the surgical procedure or the person being operated on. These prayers for surgery are also for the surgeon. Medical professionals face daily pressure in their field with the knowledge that people who come to them have the full expectation of being healed. Therefore, it is just right that we also offer our prayers to not only guide them but also ease them in their work. So, here are prayers we can offer for this cause.
Prayers For Intervention
- Almighty Father, please use these medical professionals similarly as how You made use of Paul in making diseases leave. Through Your Grace, may Your miracles live in the hands of those waiting in the operating table. May You also whisper in their ears what to do and may You live in their hearts to always show compassion to the lives who are in need of their expertise. Lord, may You also live within them as they are going to perform a delicate procedure on my body. I ask that through them, people like me are going to be healed and recovered in Your Name. Amen. ~ Unknown (Acts 19:11-12)
- God, today, I am going to entrust my condition to You. My current situation has left my body feeling uneasy, weak, and restless. But, through Your Grace, I believe that Your Mercy exists in the presence of the medical professionals that are going to operate on me. Please help them understand the needs of my body and the desire of my heart to be healed. I believe that the Blood of Christ lives within me and therefore, I have nothing to fear about this surgery. In Jesus’ Name, I pray, Amen. ~ Unknown
- Lord, I would like to thank You for the gift of medical professionals that heal people from all over the world. Thank You for giving them the strength to pursue their advocates on guaranteeing medication for people. I ask of You to also help them in the challenges they face in their profession. May You keep their spirits firm and their hearts open to the people who come to them for help. And, through these medical professionals, Jesus lives and heals. Amen. ~ Unknown (Mark 2:17)
- Almighty Father, on the day of my surgery, I am going to entrust my condition in the hands of the medical professional You have blessed me with. I also thank You for giving me the opportunity to be under surgery. Lord, may You dwell in the hands of the person operating me. May You take away their burdens to perform in their very best and may You heal me through their hands. I pray in Jesus’ Name, Amen. ~ Unknown
- Today, I offer You my prayers for surgery, O’ Lord. While it burdens me to be in this condition, I am not nor will my level of hope be affected by this problem. I know that I serve a God that heals and restores. Therefore, I stand tall in full trust with the medical professionals that are going to operate on me. With their hands, I know that Your Mercy is active to perform healing miracles as You have done before. Lord, I trust that You are present in these people. In Jesus’ Name, Amen. ~ Unknown (James 5:14)
Prayers For Trust
- God, I know that You have commanded to be strong. I will try my very best to stay in my post and not allow the enemy to trick me. Therefore, I ask that You give me enough power to trust the professionals who will operate on me. Please do not allow me to doubt them and understand that You have placed them in my life to heal me and make me recover. ~ Unknown (Joshua 1:9)
- Lord, in this season of my life, I offer You multiple prayers for surgery. God, today, I also would like to pray for strength in giving more trust and confidence to the hands that will operate on me. I cannot deny how there are parts of me that are worried about how it will turn out. Therefore, I pray that You will bless me with understanding to always remember that the person who will operate on me, is the person You blessed me with. In Your Loving Name, I pray, Amen. ~ Unknown
- God, I cannot deny how I have my share of worries and even doubts as I entrust my sickness in the hands of professionals. But, I am once again reminded of how You are present in these people. Lord, may You also allow my anxious heart to understand that there will never be a second of which You are not present. Heal me and bless me in Your Name. Amen. ~ Unknown
Prayers for Surgery: For Recovery
In all surgeries, the ultimate aim is to fully recover without any complications. Whether it is a surgery for ailments or a procedure to better one’s overall health or even appearance, prayer is a strong weapon we can use to experience God’s healing powers. During the recovery stage, the enemy can trick us into thinking that we are weak and sick. This is why we have to pray harder. To serve as our strength in the process of recovering from any surgery performed, we can offer these prayers for surgery.
- Lord, before anything, I would like to thank You for blessing me the opportunity to be under surgery. This is such a big blessing to redeem me from sickness and I understand that all of these are from Your Merciful Hands. With that being said, Lord, I also pray that my health is going to be fully restored after this. I pray that I am able to move with ease knowing that the Name of Christ Jesus has healed me and saved me from my past. I also pray that everyone who is experiencing the same burdens as I am will be healed and restored as well. In Jesus’ Name, I pray. Amen. ~ Unknown (3 John 1:2)
- God, thank You for being present in the hands of those who worked diligently to help me from my sickness. It really is a blessing I am thankful for and I pray that those who are still undergoing surgery will also receive the light of success. Now, Lord, I am praying for my full recovery. I would like to experience more of the blessings You’ve sent me in the presence of my career, family, and friends. With this new pair of eyes and a healthier body, I have learned so much. I pray in Jesus’ Name, Amen. ~ Unknown (Romans 5:3-4)
- Father, I am more than happy to tell You that I have successfully conquered an intimidating season of my life which was to undergo surgery. I cannot deny that this experience definitely frightened me at first. But, hearing Your Voice and feeling Your warmth served as my ultimate comfort. May You bless me once again with the strength to recover. This experience has allowed me to see the beauty of life from a brand new perspective. In everything that I go through, I will keep on praising Your Name. In Jesus’ Name, Amen. ~ Unknown
- Lord, our God, You watch over Your creatures with unfailing care. Keep us in the safe embrace of your love. With Your strong right hand, raise up (name) and give them the strength of Your own Power. Minister to them and heal their illnesses, so that they may have from You the help they long for.We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen. ~ Order for the Blessing of the Sick
- God, I am more than blessed to be able to go under surgery. The experience of the procedure has allowed me to value my health more. I have come to the realization that there are so many beautiful blessings from You that I have yet to discover with a healthy body. As I have successfully undergone the operation, Lord, I pray that You will allow me to fully recover from any wounds or present illnesses I am still bound to face in my journey of restoration. In Jesus’ Name, I pray. Amen. ~ Unknown
- Almighty God, thank You so much for allowing me to conquer my fear of being under surgery. You never let go of my hand and You’ve always kept me warm under the process. Now, I pray that I will be given a chance to live in a vessel that is free of sickness. I believe that this is not impossible for You are the Creator that breathes life and restoration to those who are weak and ill. Thank you for every blessing You have sent in my way. In Jesus’ Name, I pray. Amen. ~ Unknown
Our bodies are beautifully and creatively crafted by God; it heals on its own, pumps blood, and breathes air without us reminding it. Sometimes, surgeries are needed to maintain, heal, and even discard elements that jeopardize it. However, there are instances in which we are left with no option, but to undergo surgery. This does not have to be a bad thing. In fact, it is such a blessing to undergo surgery because of how it is like giving us a chance to start from zero and live a healthier life. But no matter our situation, let’s learn to stay strong and grounded in faith. These prayers for surgery is always an easy and highly effective outlet to remind us of our Healing Creator monitoring our health 24/7! Additionally, if God can make a dead person come to life, imagine how easier it is for Him to heal us!