30 Healing Bible Verses For The Soul
Modified: January 9, 2024
Healing Bible verses for the soul to restore our hearts and minds from the pains of the past. Find divine healing through these BIble verses.
(Many of the links in this article redirect to a specific reviewed product. Your purchase of these products through affiliate links helps to generate commission for Christian.net, at no extra cost. Learn more)
A physical wound may last for months but it will heal as time passes. The wounds of the soul on the other hand cannot heal on its own regardless of how many years pass. Moreover, physical pain is easier to ease than the pains of the soul. With our physical bodies, it is never an issue to tell where the pain is exactly throbbing. But a human soul may feel the painful twinge and still wouldn’t know where it is particularly aching. These truths are enough to make us restless. It takes intentional mending to heal our souls from the nightmares of our past, broken relationships, emotional mayhems, and traumatic experiences. When there is no easy way to deal with various distractions around us, it is crucial to remain anchored on Scripture. The best healing Bible verses found here can help us restore our souls to life.
There are varying ways of finding a way out of our emotional anguish. We throw ourselves to distractions- alcohol, vices, and other temporary pleasures. If not, we dwell on remoteness, loneliness, and hopeless thinking. What’s more, we cause harm to ourselves by covering the wounds of the soul with scrapes on the flesh. We are running the wrong direction all this time with these pointless solutions and worthless attempts to feel better. People try to fill their empty hearts with things they think would make them feel better. But, healing for the soul is not about just feeling better. We are so obsessed with feeling good each day that we get swayed to believing that a soul’s cuts and scratches can heal when concealed with temporary band-aids of the world. The following healing Bible verses will redirect us to the right path to healing and recovery.
Healing Bible Verses For A Saddened Soul
The most talked-about ministry of Jesus is the healing of various illnesses and diseases. He healed all types of diseases during his three-year ministry. He healed blindness, perpetual skin diseases, mutes, paralytic, demon-possessed, and the list goes on. Additionally, he even raised people to life after their deaths. People followed Him for healing and his teaching; it was what the world needed badly during those times. Therefore, Jesus granted what they desperately needed. Today, our generation is not just dealing with sickness physically. Many tough dilemmas are not pains of the physical bodies but of the soul, of our emotional capacity. The Bible rarely uses the word “emotion”. Instead, it often uses terms such as soul, heart, and passion. Nevertheless, many accounts in the Bible records the same tight spots we face today.
Healing Bible verses for the soul are found in the bible to help us in times of immense sadness. Loneliness is inevitable. But dwelling on it causes us to lose more important matters of our hearts that can be shunned if we don’t let the author of our souls sustain and restore us. Loneliness is treacherous. It leads us to isolation, hopelessness, and depression. Anchoring ourselves to the hope we find in Christ can help us stand firm amidst the sadness of life. Some days we may feel the numbness consuming us. Other days, we won’t find the will to laugh again. It’s not easy, but the Lord who saved us from the pit of darkness can also save us from this shadow trying to submerge our souls. Nothing is impossible for Him; we just need to let Him take over, that is, to surrender to Him.
- Psalm 41:3-4 The Lord sustains them on their sickbed and restores them from their bed of illness. I said, “Have mercy on me, Lord; heal me, for I have sinned against you.”
- Mark 6:54-56 As soon as they got out of the boat, people recognized Jesus. They ran throughout that whole region and carried the sick on mats to wherever they heard he was. And wherever he went—into villages, towns or countryside—they placed the sick in the marketplaces. They begged him to let them touch even the edge of his cloak, and all who touched it were healed.
- Matthew 9:6-8 So I will prove to you that the Son of Man has the authority on earth to forgive sins.” Then Jesus turned to the paralyzed man and said, “Stand up, pick up your mat, and go home!” And the man jumped up and went home! Fear swept through the crowd as they saw this happen. And they praised God for giving humans such authority.
- Jeremiah 17:14 Lord, heal me and I will be completely well; rescue me and I will be perfectly safe. You are the one I praise!
- Psalm 30:2-3 Lord my God, I called to you for help, and you healed me. You, Lord, brought me up from the realm of the dead; you spared me from going down to the pit.
- Psalm 23:1-4 The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake. Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
- Proverbs 4:20-22 My son, pay attention to what I say; turn your ear to my words. Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; for they are life to those who find them and health to one’s whole body.
- Luke 6:19 Everyone tried to touch him, because healing power went out from him, and he healed everyone.
Healing Bible Verses For Troubled Thoughts
There are constant worries about our futures and regrets of our past which keep our minds in turmoil. These mayhems within our soul paralyze both our capacity to handle each situation and our ability to see the good side in every difficulty. Thus, we got trapped into restless thinking making our problems even more problematic. Our minds and hearts are the battlefields of the enemy. He will want to make you feel the uneasiness of your worries. Your thoughts will remind you over and over about your failures and the heavy burdens you carry each day. They will tell you that you are incapable and it’s more than you can handle. However, all these thoughts are lies trying to paralyze you from doing what God wants you to do; be free from the burden of needing to worry.
The Lord gave us ways and means to be free from this state of distress through different healing bible verses so we can enjoy the peace of living in the midst of our anxieties.
- James 5:13 Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise.
- Psalm 146:5-9 But happy is the man who has the God of Jacob as his helper, whose hope is in the Lord his God—the God who made both earth and heaven, the seas and everything in them. He is the God who keeps every promise, who gives justice to the poor and oppressed and food to the hungry. He frees the prisoners and opens the eyes of the blind, he lifts the burdens from those bent down beneath their loads. For the Lord loves good men. He protects the immigrants and cares for the orphans and widows. But he turns topsy-turvy the plans of the wicked.
- Luke 6:18 They had come to hear him and to be healed of their diseases; and those troubled by evil spirits were healed.
- Matthew 8:1-3 Large crowds followed Jesus as he came down the mountainside. Suddenly, a man with leprosy approached him and knelt before him. “Lord,” the man said, “if you are willing, you can heal me and make me clean.” Jesus reached out and touched him. “I am willing,” he said. “Be healed!” And instantly the leprosy disappeared.
- Psalm 94:19 When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.
- Isaiah 57:18-19 I have seen their ways, but I will heal them; I will guide them and restore comfort to Israel’s mourners, creating praise on their lips. Peace, peace, to those far and near, says the Lord. “And I will heal them.”
- John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
- Psalm 103:3-5 The Lord forgives our sins, heals us when we are sick, and protects us from death. His kindness and love are a crown on our heads. Each day that we live, he provides for our needs and gives us the strength of a young eagle.
Healing Bible Verses For A Ruined Heart
Are you suffering from a severe pain brought by a broken relationship? Ruined trust? Shattered dreams? Or tattered plans and hopes? We hate pain and brokenness. As much as we can, we shun from the thought of it. We run as fast as possible from something that causes it. When we experience it, we regret that we need to endure its wrenches. But sometimes, brokenness is a necessary part of progress. It teaches us lessons which other means can’t. Sometimes, we need to feel broken and shattered so we can experience real completeness. Like a pen being sharpened or an ax being formed with fire so our earthly course will be. It takes pain and brokenness so we can be better.
A shattered heart can be whole again no matter how broken it has been. It just needs the complete and perfect love of the One who formed it. Broken hearts can’t go and move forward without first being healed. God healed severe pains and sufferings of the people in the Old Testament. He is near to the brokenhearted and surely, there’s no such pain too deep for Him to heal.
- Psalm 147:3 He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.
- Psalm 6:2-4 Have mercy on me, Lord, for I am faint; heal me, Lord, for my bones are in agony. My soul is in deep anguish. How long, Lord, how long? Turn, Lord, and deliver me; save me because of your unfailing love.
- Jeremiah 30:17 But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds,’ declares the Lord, ‘because you are called an outcast, Zion for whom no one cares.’
- Matthew 4:23-24 Jesus went throughout Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom, and healing every disease and sickness among the people. News about him spread all over Syria, and people brought to him all who were ill with various diseases, those suffering severe pain, the demon-possessed, those having seizures, and the paralyzed; and he healed them.
- Matthew 9:20-22 A woman who had been sick for twelve years with internal bleeding came up behind him and touched a tassel of his robe, for she thought, “If I only touch him, I will be healed.” Jesus turned around and spoke to her. “Daughter,” he said, “all is well! Your faith has healed you.” And the woman was well from that moment.
- Psalm 73:26 My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
- Matthew 11:28-29 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
Scriptures For Those Crushed In Spirit
Christians don’t only need healing from physical and emotional anguish. There is also great spiritual angst that we need to heal from. The enemy will always try to deceive us by calling us through our sins. He will repeat over and over again the mistakes we have committed in the past. Our own flaws, they will use as bullets to destroy us. Man’s common reaction to sin is to hide it and grieve over it. This is not the guilt that God wants us to feel whenever we sin. He demands that we repent after the guilt of our sins. This is the only way we can heal from our wickedness because the forgiveness through the blood of Christ and His stripes is what we ultimately need to heal spiritually.
The following healing Bible verses remind us of God’s unending compassion towards His people and His forgiveness for those who sinned against Him. He does not only give healing but also He gives strength to those who are weak may it be emotionally, physically, and spiritually.
- Psalm 34:17-20 When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all. He keeps all his bones; not one of them is broken.
- James 5:14-15 Are you hurting? Pray. Do you feel great? Sing. Are you sick? Call the church leaders together to pray and anoint you with oil in the name of the Master. Believing-prayer will heal you, and Jesus will put you on your feet. And if you’ve sinned, you’ll be forgiven—healed inside and out.
- Proverbs 17:22 A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.
- James 5:16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.
- Matthew 9:29-30 Then he touched their eyes and said, “Because of your faith, it will happen.” Then their eyes were opened, and they could see! Jesus sternly warned them, “Don’t tell anyone about this.”
- Isaiah 40:29-31 He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.
- Jeremiah 3:22 Return, all of you who have turned away from the Lord; he will heal you and make you faithful. You say, “Yes, we are coming to the Lord because he is our God.
Healing in His hands
God’s healing is available to everyone who seeks it. As Jesus said, the healthy do not need a doctor, but the sick who needs one (Luke 5:31). If you need the healing which only God can give, pursue Him. Depression, anxiety, distress, emotional and spiritual agony are God’s healing expertise. He knows exactly how it feels to battle these issues. Hence, He knows precisely how to cure our wounded souls. He’s called the Great Healer for He does not only heal the flesh but His touch reaches and penetrates through the deep pains within our souls. In Him, there is comfort. Through Him, there is healing. In moments of pain and suffering, we can find Him sustaining us. And even before we take notice of it, He’s already healing us through ways beyond our rational frames. May these healing Bible verses truly help us in seeking God’s restoring hands.