Top 80 Words of Encouragement for Women
Modified: January 9, 2024
Words of encouragement for women gives them confidence and strength to face life ahead. Discover inspiring and positive words to bring smiles to their face.
(Many of the links in this article redirect to a specific reviewed product. Your purchase of these products through affiliate links helps to generate commission for Christian.net, at no extra cost. Learn more)
Many women face various circumstances. They encounter inevitable trials and challenges that often make them feel stuck, lost, discouraged, worthless, or hopeless. Yet, during these difficult situations, we discover women clothed with strength and confidence to conquer and overcome. Hence, it is important to equip and fill yourself with uplifting words to remind you of your worth and value. Good thing, there are a lot of words of encouragement for women that you can tell yourself every day.
“The most beautiful thing you can wear is confidence.” — Blake Lively
The world often diminishes a woman’s worth and value depending on the standards set. Whether these are standards for beauty or capabilities, women experience inferiority in different places and situations. Yet, despite all these situations, women can still smile and walk with their heads held high. They glow with confidence. Additionally, it is a fact that no one can take away the confidence and security found in the Lord. So, if you’re a woman, whatever life throws to you, remember that you are a conqueror. You are loved. You are someone’s answered prayer. With God, you are unstoppable.
Discover more words of encouragement for women by checking out our list of uplifting words for women!
Biblical Words Of Encouragement For Women
In the beginning, God created a man to care for all the creations He had created. However, God saw that the man was lonely, so He created a companion for the man – a woman. Together, they cared for all living things until they sinned and fell from God’s grace. And because of their sin, sadly, their circumstances became grim. However, because God loves us so much, He sent His one and only son Jesus, to die for us, bringing us back into God’s grace and mercy.
Similarly, there are circumstances where you might feel you’re not valuable enough. Whether it’s in your workplace, school, society, or even in your family, this world shouldn’t define your worth. In God, you are more precious than any expensive stones here on earth. And the Bible gives affirmations and promises to women of faith. Here are some words of encouragement for women to remind themselves of God’s overwhelming love for you and every woman in this world.
Read more: Top 60 Words Of Encouragement For Men
God’s Standard of Beauty
You are probably conscious when it comes to maintaining your physical appearance. You spend too much time, money, and energy to reach the standards set by this world. This set of standards often lead you to lose your confidence, feel insecure, or even doubt your self-worth. Yet, God has created you in His image and likeness. He made you uniquely and wonderfully (Psalm 139). Here are words of encouragement for women about true beauty you can only find in God.
- Psalm 139:14 Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.
- Proverbs 31:30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last; but a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised.
- Song of Songs 4:7 You are altogether beautiful, my darling, beautiful in every way.
- Colossians 2:10 So you also are complete through your union with Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority.
- 1 Peter 3:3-4 Don’t be concerned about the outward beauty of fancy hairstyles, expensive jewelry, or beautiful clothes. You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God.
Rather than focusing on the outward appearance, women must develop the inner beauty and spirit of godliness. God sees through us because he looks at the status of our hearts. The world may judge us for our appearances, yet God is the one who can judge us accurately based on what is in your heart. Remember, true beauty begins inside. Hence, we should ask ourselves, “Am I living a life please to God?”
We can take care of our outward appearance to look presentable. But, living life as a testimony of God’s unfailing love is a beauty others must see from us.
Be an Inspiration for Others
What do you think other people say about you? Does your presence bring joy to the people around you? The world might let you think that you’re living a purposeless life. Yet in God, he created you with a great purposeーto advance his kingdom and reach out for more people. As you live to honor and glorify God, it can become an inspiration and a blessing to other people around you.
So, are you living a life pleasing to God right now? Here are some encouraging words for women from the Bible to remind you of the purpose you have in God.
- Esther 4:14 If you keep quiet at a time like this, deliverance and relief for the Jews will arise from some other place, but you and your relatives will die. Who knows if perhaps you were made queen for just such a time as this?”
- Proverbs 31:16-17 She goes to inspect a field and buys it; with her earnings, she plants a vineyard. She is energetic and strong, a hard worker.
- Proverbs 31:20-21 She extends a helping hand to the poor and opens her arms to the needy. She has no fear of winter for her household, for everyone has warm clothes.
- 1 Corinthians 16:14 And do everything with love.
- 1 Timothy 3:11 In the same way, their wives must be respected and must not slander others. They must exercise self-control and be faithful in everything they do.
- 2 Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity but of power, love, and self-discipline.
A Woman with a Great Purpose
God created every woman with a purpose. One of the best examples of this from the Scripture is the life of Queen Esther. Born as a Jew, Esther risked her life coming before the king. She became a queen, which led her to save the Jewish people with the help of her adoptive father and mentor, Mordicai. Though there was a decree to kill the Jews, Esther and Mordecai believed in God’s care and that He will help them at the right time. Hence, God used Esther and Mordecai to save his people.
Whenever you face challenges in life, seek God to know what God wants you to do, and don’t hesitate to do it. Be confident that God will do his part. Though we may not know His timing, we can trust Him and be surprised by the ways He demonstrates His trustworthiness. Whether it’s through small or great things, God can use you in approaches you’ll never imagine.
You are capable of doing great things and should never listen to those who persecute and look down upon you for God has already made you qualified to face all difficulties in life. Hence, don’t let others extinguish the fire in you. Instead, continue to shine amidst darkness so others can see God in you. As an effective Christian, you must have power, love, and self-discipline. Above all, do everything with love. Because without love, you would be only prideful noisemakers.
Trusting God’s Plan
There are times where things go way beyond your control. Yet, knowing that a higher being is in charge of your life gives you the confidence to continue moving forward. While you’re working and waiting, surrender all your worries and burdens to God. It is Him who is in control of everything. To motivate you to trust his plans, here are some words of encouragement for women about God’s plan.
- Psalm 143:8 Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you.
- Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.
- Proverbs 31:25 She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future.
- Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
- Luke 1:45 You are blessed because you believed that the Lord would do what he said.
In times of trouble, you might find yourself feeling lost along the way. However, since God has a plan for you, every negative thing that happens in your life can serve a good purpose (Isaiah 40:31). Don’t fret over things, but have faith that God is doing what’s best for you. When you learn not to depend on your own understanding, you can see the beauty of waiting. Know that whatever you ask God, He will grant it in His perfect time.
Uplifting Bible Verses for Women of Faith
1 Corinthians 11:12 For although the first woman came from man, every other man was born from a woman, and everything comes from God.
In some places, many women feel inferior because of the type of society they live in. Many cultures do not recognize the accomplishments of women. Adam, the first man God created was rich in all ways. But despite having everything, Adam still found himself lacking. Looking at what he had, he knew it was all meaningless unless he got to share it with someone (Genesis 2:20). God, fully aware of the man’s emotional turmoil and ultimate need, created a woman—the only suitable partner for him. Since then, women’s identity and values were established.
God created both men and women equally. Both of them should rely on and respect each other always.
God’s Promises in Words of Encouragement for Women
Life isn’t always easy. You will encounter different trials and challenges along the way. As a Christian, you can find refuge in God. Instead of giving in to despair, you can stand still and stay calm because you have God who will fight for you. Hence, you can already proclaim victory before the battle begins. One of God’s reminders is for you to be strong and courageous (Joshua 1:9).
You don’t have to be afraid because God is with you wherever you go. And as long as God dwells in your life, you are protected. No one and nothing can destroy you. Thus, you can have the confidence to stand up and live your life honoring and glorifying God.
To help you find strength and courage in God, here are other words of encouragement for women.
- Exodus 14:14 The Lord himself will fight for you. Just stay calm.
- Joshua 1:9 This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord, your God is with you wherever you go.”
- Joshua 1:5 No one will be able to stand against you as long as you live. For I will be with you as I was with Moses. I will not fail you or abandon you.
- Psalm 46:5 God dwells in that city; it cannot be destroyed. From the very break of day, God will protect it.
- Psalm 93:4 But mightier than the violent raging of the seas, mightier than the breakers on the shore— the Lord above is mightier than these!
Other Words of Encouragement for Women from Scripture
Despite the sufferings you might encounter, always praise God. It is an act of believing that no matter how high your mountains are, your God is greater than anything. Through this, you can surrender everything in Him. As you praise him, you acknowledge and understand his powerful nature. Continue to trust God with all your heart, and let him fill you with joy and strength as you move forward. In him, your identity is more secure and established.
Here are other words of encouragement for women from the Scripture to help you strengthen your faith.
- Psalm 9:1 I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all the marvelous things you have done.
- Psalm 28:7 The Lord is my strength and shield. I trust him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.
- Ephesians 2:19-22 So now you Gentiles are no longer strangers and foreigners. You are citizens along with all of God’s holy people. You are members of God’s family. Together, we are his house, built on the foundation of the apostles and the prophets. And the cornerstone is Christ Jesus himself. We are carefully joined together in him, becoming a holy temple for the Lord. Through him you Gentiles are also being made part of this dwelling where God lives by his Spirit.
- 1 Corinthians 15:10 But whatever I am now, it is all because God poured out his special favor on me—and not without results. For I have worked harder than any of the other apostles; yet it was not I but God who was working through me by his grace.
Read more: 15 Unique Christian Gifts For Women
God’s Unconditional Love
The best words of encouragement for women are knowing that there’s a Higher Being who loves them unconditionally. As a human being, you are not perfect and will have many shortcomings. But, it’s a good reminder that while you’re still a sinner, you are loved. God sent Jesus Christ to die for every man, woman, and child, not because we were good enough, but just because he loved us more than enough. So, whenever you feel uncertain about God’s love, remember that he loved you even before you surrendered your life to him. It is good to note that when Jesus Christ came and rescued us exactly according to God’s schedule.
- Romans 5:6 When we were utterly helpless, Christ came at just the right time and died for us sinners.
- Romans 5:8 But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.
- Philippians 4:6-8 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.
You might have worries about your job, home, or school. However, one of Paul’s best advice is to turn all our worries into prayers. Acknowledging you are covered with God’s love, you can have an assurance that God is in control of your life.
Other Words of Encouragement for Women by Influential Christians
Aside from the reassuring words from the Bible, there are also many words of encouragement for women from other Christians. Every person has a different story to tell—stories you may relate to. Additionally, there are also many lessons that you can apply as you learn through life experiences on your own.
A person’s experiences may be simple statements to some, but these can create a tremendous impact on the lives of many. There are many remarkable words from different influential Christians that you can read to uplift your spirit. Find out words of encouragement for women to inspire and give you hope to trust the Creator more.
Living A Positive Life In God
These words of encouragement for women from famous Christians will help you live a positive life in God. As you face life ahead, you can have confidence that you’ll overcome every struggle you’ll encounter. No enemy can harm you because you are in God. Knowing that God is with you, you can live a positive life.
- “At the end of the day, the enemy is going to be sorry he ever messed with you. You’re about to become his worst nightmare a million times over. He thought he could wear you down, sure that after a while you’d give up without much of a fight. Well, just wait till he encounters the fight of God’s Spirit in you. Because … This. Means. War.” ― Priscilla Shirer
- “When you start to feel like things should have been better this year, remember the mountains and valleys that got you here. They are not accidents, and those moments weren’t in vain. You are not the same. As a person, you have grown and you are growing. You are breathing, you are living, you are wrapped in endless, boundless grace. And things will get better. There is more to you than yesterday.” — Morgan Harper Nichols
- “Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired. Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.” — Mother Teresa
- “The key is for you to discover what you love to do, what you were created to do, and then do it for the people around you with love. That is the abundant life, dear girl, no matter where in the world you live.” — Robin Jones Gunn
Continue to trust God despite the uncertainties. How can you do that? Continue to dwell in His words. When you have an idea of His good promises to you, trust the plans and purpose he has for you.
- “Satan usually deceives people into thinking that the source of their misery or trouble is something other than what it really is. He wants them to think they are unhappy due to what is going on around them (their circumstances), but the misery is actually due to what is going on inside them (their thoughts). – Joyce Meyer
- “I want to show you that God doesn’t expect you to be happy about what has been torn from your hands—whether it’s a marriage, your health, a job, or someone you love—but if you are willing to trust him, he can turn trash into triumph.” – Levi Lusko
- “God is perfect (we are not). He sees the big picture (we do not). He knows everything (we do not). So I choose to believe in this – that I am who I am on purpose, that the One who made me has a purpose and has unconditional love for me and those in my life.” – Annie Downs
- “Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength.” — Corrie Ten Boom
- “Don’t quit, and don’t give up. The reward is just around the corner. And in times of doubt or times of joy, listen for that still, small voice. Know that God has been there from the beginning—and he will be there until . . . The End.” — Joanna Gaines (The Magnolia Story)
- “It’s a good thing God is big because I have oversized dreams and nowhere big enough to place them but His hands.” — Jordan Lee Dooley
Having Strength and Courage from God
When you are in the center of God’s will, you don’t have to fear stepping into the unknown. You are safe even if you’re not in your comfort zone. Hence, these words of encouragement for women can serve as a reminder that you can find strength and courage in God. When you are weak, the more you need to raise your hands even higher, and God can make you stronger. Sometimes, it is in your weakness that you can see more of God’s grace and love. It is okay to be weak because you have a God who is mightier than anything or anyone else.
- “When fear has risen within her, she will raise her hands even higher, taking deep and careful breaths, as the daylight reminds her: She is guided. She is seen. And by grace she will make it through all of these things.” — Morgan Harper Nichols
- “Hold on dear friend, for this is not the end. You have traveled so far and you have worked so hard. Carry on with courage and do not give up. And not because things will be easy but because these seeds you are sowing matter, and they will grow in time if you do not lose heart.” — Morgan Harper Nichols
- “Your relationship with Me is meant to be vibrant and challenging, as I invade more and more areas of your life. Do not fear change, for I am making you a new creation, with old things passing away and new things continually on the horizon. When you cling to old ways and sameness, you resist My work within you. I want you to embrace all that I am doing in your life, finding your security in Me alone.” — Sarah Young (Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace in His Presence)
Sharing Love to One Another
God wants you to play an important role in advancing his kingdom and reaching out to more people. And wherever God placed you right now, it is not an accident. Your life can become your great asset to reach out to people, so they’ll get to know who God is too. Since you have already experienced God’s forgiveness and His unconditional love, it is now your turn to share it with others. And one of many ways to showcase your faith is through kindness and sharing love with everyone around you. These words of encouragement for women tell you that sharing love with others can already be a way for you to share the gospel with others.
- “So what’s the antidote for loneliness? It’s getting out of self. You’ve heard the phrase “Spread the love?” Well, that’s what you have to do, girl! You’ve got to get busy. Love those who are available to be loved right now!” – Michelle McKinney Hammond
- “Some of the best evidence of our faith will be our kindness.” – Bob Goff
More Uplifting Words of Encouragement for Women
One of the best ways to brighten your day is to fill your mind with inspiring and encouraging words. As you find words that add to your confidence as a woman, you can transform into someone beautiful, passionate, and powerful. You start to believe in yourself and your capabilities. That confidence will give you the motivation to step outside of your comfort zone and thrive to do great things.
When you live your life with purpose, you can become an inspiration to other people as well. Who knows, maybe one of your life quotations can become popular too and become a living statement of other women.
So, here are some of our favorite and popular words of encouragement for women to give you joy!
Having Confidence and a Positive Outlook
One of the amazing things about women is that they are passionate about all the things they do. Hence, you can see many women becoming successful in many areas. So, let these positive and motivating words from different people give you the confidence to do great things in the area where God placed you right now. May it help you remove all your worries and insecurities and be proud of yourself.
- “A woman is the full circle. Within her is the power to create, nurture, and transform.” – Diane Mariechild
- “You are more powerful than you know; you are beautiful just as you are.” — Melissa Etheridge
- “Life shrinks or expands in proportion with one’s courage.” — Anaïs Nin
- “Nobody cares if you can’t dance well. Just get up and dance. Great dancers are not great because of their technique, they are great because of their passion.” — Martha Graham
- “I may not be perfect, but parts of me are pretty awesome.” — Anonymous
- “Do you want to meet the love of your life? Look in the mirror.” — Byron Katie
- “I think the best way to have confidence is not to allow everyone else’s insecurities to be your own.” — Jessie J
- “Keep your sunny side up, keep yourself beautiful, and indulge yourself.” — Betsey Johnson
- “I don’t think of all the misery but of the beauty that still remains.” — Anne Frank
- “If you don’t have any shadows you’re not in the light.” — Lady Gaga
- “When you notice that you’re having negative thoughts about how all of this is going to pan out, you need to remind yourself that you are not a very good fortune teller.” — Donna W. Hill
Being Fearless and Powerful
Throughout history, cultures around the world have created various sets of limitations for women. Yet over the years, many women around the world have proven and still prove that they are capable and can be powerful. They become fearless and unstoppable. And though they encounter various struggles, instead of giving up, they use those experiences to become stronger. This attitude and perseverance have led many women to be successful. These are some words of encouragement for women to remind you that you have nothing to fear (because you have a powerful God too!).
- “I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear; knowing what must be done does away with fear.” — Rosa Parks
- “When the whole world is silent, even one voice becomes powerful.” — Malala Yousafzai
- “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
- “I’m stronger than I thought I was. My favorite phrase has been ‘This too shall pass.’ I now understand it really well.” — Robin Roberts
- “When there is no struggle, there is no strength.” — Oprah Winfrey
- “The most effective way to do it is to do it.” — Amelia Earhart
- “I know for sure that what we dwell on is what we become.” — Oprah Winfrey
- “If you’re not making mistakes, then you’re not making decisions.” — Catherine Cook
- “If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.” — Katharine Hepburn
- “You learn something out of everything, and you come to realize more than ever that we’re all here for a certain space of time, and, and then it’s going to be over, and you better make this count.” — Nancy Reagan
- “Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.” — Judy Garland
Having Success and Happiness
Who wouldn’t want to be successful and happy in their lives? Everyone at one time or another dreams of being ahead in life. However, an interesting thing about most women is, when a woman sets her eyes on something, she’s willing to do everything to accomplish and excel in that area. If you want to be successful and happy, continue to trust God and work hard. He’ll guide you to walk on the right path and pursue the great plans he has for you. But, in saying this, you also must also remember to do your part to achieve great things! Let these words motivate you to thrive and do your best for your success!
- “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement.” — Helen Keller
- “Success is getting what you want, happiness is wanting what you get.” — Ingrid Bergman
- “I never dreamed about success. I worked for it.” — Estée Lauder
- “Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment.” — Oprah
Building Love and Compassion to Others
Many women are not only attractively beautiful, but they also have a generous and compassionate heart. They are willing to stand up and protect the people that matter to them. Whether it’s small or big things, they don’t hesitate to give and lend a hand to those who need their help. To top it off, a positive thing about women is that they value every relationship they have.
Women tend to always do things with great love and passion. So, every woman is a blessing to many. Are you this kind of woman? Here are some words of encouragement for women to help them be a channel of God’s love and blessings.
- “We can do no great things, only small things with great love.” – Mother Teresa
- “If you’re feeling helpless, help someone.” – Aung San Suu Kyi
- “One’s life has value so long as one attributes value to the life of others, by means of love, friendship, indignation, and compassion.” – Simone De Beauvoir
- “If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.” — Mother Teresa
- “No one has ever become poor by giving.” — Anne Frank
- “People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed and redeemed. Never throw out anyone.” — Audrey Hepburn
- “People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” — Maya Angelou
- “It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends.” — J.K. Rowling
Today, social media has become a huge part of everyone’s daily life. It is a place where everyone can find updates about someone’s life. Also, you can collect reactions that can either make a person feel validated or not. Yet, it can easily set up standards for us as well, making us feel inferior or insecure. Worst of all, it can encourage us to dig into the worldly cravings rather than appreciating the blessing we have today. As you browse your social media accounts, think of what are you putting into your mind and hearts. Instead of sulking over the worldly things that make you feel insecure, indulge yourself in these words of encouragement for women.
Remember, you are God’s precious child. You are much more worthy than all the things you see on social media. So, don’t allow the enemy to instill negativity in your heart. Always be on guard and choose to live a life with wisdom, kindness, and gentleness. And as you discover who you are in Jesus Christ and your purpose, you become unstoppable and powerful. Experiencing his love gives you joy and freedom this world can’t give you.